Basic Computer Questions for Interview
- _________are the special effects used to introduce slides in a presentation.
- Most World Wide Web pages are in _____ language.
- _________operating system is not owned and licensed by a company .
- Computer send and receive data in the form of_______signals.
- __________is an example of checking that a pin code number is valid before it is entered into the system.
Ans: Data validation
- _________is a compiler that translates high-level programs into a machine language program.
Ans: Object code
- The ability to find________what’s an individual items in a file immediately.
Ans: Direct access
- __________can be a computer connected to a LAN.
Ans: Share information and peripheral equipments
- A CD-RW disk can be__________.
Ans: Erased and rewritten
- __________ are the two major categories of software.
Ans: System and Application
- _________is referred to take information from one source and bring it to a computer.
- Each box in a spreadsheet is________.
- The definition of the software package is_________ .
Ans: A set of computer programs used for certain functions such as word processing
- __________cannot link Excel worksheet data to a word document.
Ans: With the right drag method, hyperlink, copy paste special commands and standard commands
- By using______button can start Microsoft Word.
- The length of the network without having the signal degrade to extend________ are used.
- _______is known as a repair for a known software bug usually available at no charge on the internet.
- When lists are not updated due to data change in multiple list is_________
Ans: Data inconsistency
- ________is an internet.
Ans: A large network of networks
- ________is an advantage of dial up internet access.
Ans: It is utilizes existing telephone service
- ________is an example to access control based on a person’s fingerprints.
Ans: Biometric identification
- The patterns of printed lines on the most products are known as_______
- _________are the following two parts in an email to complete mail programs automatically.
Ans: From and Date
- _______is known as the computer’s capability of distinguishing spoken words.
Ans: Voice recognition
- __________is an advantage of mounting an application on the web.
Ans: The possibility of 24 hours access for users, creating a system that can extend globally, standardizing the design of the interface.
- The issues that deal with the collection and use of data about individuals is______.
- A term relating to send data to a satellite is________.
- _________is known as unauthorized copying of software to be used for personal gain instead of for personal backups.
Ans: Software piracy
- To displaying information at public places________ are usually used.
Ans: Overhead projectors
- _______is an MP3.
Ans: Sound format
- _________are hardware for multimedia creations.
- For sound recording________is necessary.
- _________settings are automatic and standard.
- _________are the two parts of an email address.
Ans: Usernames and Domain name
- Participants can see and hear each other in an_________.
- __________should we delete unknown email attachments.
Ans: It might contain a virus that good heart our computer
- __________is embedded system.
Ans: Computer and software system that control a machine or applications
- _________are required to hear music on computer.
Ans: Sound card
- The signal that a computer is waiting for a command for the user is___________.
- _________controls the manager of interaction between the user and the operating system.
Ans: User interface
- _________could to remove a paragraph from a report you had written.
Ans: Highlight and delete
- _________is used to click at B to make the text.
- _______are used to create in Excel chart.
Ans: Chart Wizard
- __________equipments are used to capture information and commands.
Ans: Storage devices
- A bridge recognises address of______.
Ans: Layer 3
- “.TIF”extension name stands for_______.
Ans: Tagged Image Format
- The Host computer is connected to the local computer is an__________network.
Ans: Star Network
- In programming language the keyboard “void” means__________
Ans: Does not return any value when finished.
- Instruction for a LOAD is________.
Ans: One address instructions
- ________is the keyboard shortcut to restart a computer.
Ans: Ctrl + Alt + Del