Basic Computer Questions for Interview
- When the more power hungry components such as the monitor and hard drive are put in idle is__________.
- In database________fields store numbers used to perform calculation.
- ___________statement is concerning.
Ans: virtual memory in the space on the hard drive where the operating system begins to store data when it becomes memory bound.
- __________terms are associated with spreadsheet software.
Ans: Virus detection
- __________is approximately one billion bytes.
- ___________is known as repair for a known software bug usually available at no charge on the internet.
- ___________term is just the connection of networks that can be joined together.
- A computer that provides resources to other computers connected to a servers as_________.
- The standard protocol of the internet is_______.
- After a user has saved and deleted many files many scratched areas of stored data remain that are too small to be used efficiency causing is___________.
- ___________is a key function of firewall.
12 Video conference, video chatting and live web broadcast are _________type of inexpensive digital camera that remains tethered to a computer.
- __________is not a hardware of a computer.
- __________is not an operating system.
Ans: Virtual Box
- ____________are all considered advantage of emails.
Ans: Convenience, Speed of delivery, Generality and reliability.
- In a relational database tables are logically linked to each other by a __________.
- __________the characters that have the same name set of characteristics.
- A ___________free design document that already has coordinating fonts, layout, and background.
- ___________is a device operating that the physical layer.
- __________can make it easier to play games.
- In Excel, Charts are created using__________.
Ans: Chart Wizard
- ________button is used to start Microsoft Word.
- When we save to this our data will remain intact even when the Computer is turned off________.
Ans: Secondary storage device
- when we turn on the computer the boot routine will perform_________test.
- Hard disk drives are considered as__________storage.
- __________is known as restarting the we open a menu and then decide we don’t want to select an option after all and then we will click the menu title again and
27. To close the menu we press__________ key.
- Computer cannot boot if it doesn’t have __________ system.
Ans: Operating system
- Terminal is an_________.
Ans: Input and Output devices
- ____________is called a series of statements explaining how the data is to be processed.
- _________is known as a computer that are portable and convenient for user who travels.
- A computer’s type, processor and operating system defined as__________ .
- The content that is recorded at the time of manufacture and that cannot be changed or erased by the user of a disk is _________.
Ans: Read – only
- ___________is a hardware used to read disk.
Ans: Disk drive
- The two parts of an email address is__________.
Ans: Username and Domain name
- Sending an email is similar to _________.
Ans: Writing a letter
- ____________is a part of computer stores programs and files for later use.
Ans: Hard drive
- If we are going to a site we use often instead of having to type in the address every time we should have________ .
Ans: Bookmark it
- The most frequently used piece of hardware for inputting data is________.
- _________ does a Browser do.
Ans: It is a software used to view web pages
- ___________ is a permanent storage device.
Ans: Hard disk
- ________ settings are automatic and standard.
- Checking that a pin code number is valid before it enters into the system is an_________.
Ans: Data validation
- A Compiler translate high level programs to machine level program is___________.
Ans: Object code
- Two major categories of software includes________.
Ans: System and Application
- A computer’s clock speed is measured in___________.
Ans: Megahertz or Gigahertz
- A group of related files in a database is known as___________.
- Multiplexing involves ________ path and _________channel.
Ans: One, Multiple
- _____________ is a web browser.
Ans: Internet Explorer
- A collection of computers and devices connected together is __________.