Basic Computer Questions for Interview
- The first computers were programmed using____________.
Ans: Assembly language
- In order to create column data in word we need to____________.
Ans: Set tabs or use the table menu
- ____________type of computers are client computers in client server system.
Ans: Micro computer
- __________is an example of non numeric data.
Ans: Employee address
- ____________characteristic of read only memory makes it useful.
Ans: Data in ROM is non volatile, that is it remains there even without electric power
- _________is refers to a small single site network.
- ___________keystroke will take we at the beginning or the end of the long document .
Ans: Ctrl + Home and Ctrl + End
- In a word we can force a page break__________ .
Ans: Place the cursor on the position approximately and pressing Ctrl+Enter
- ___________ is the best method that we want to move some text from one page to a different page.
Ans: Cut and Paste
- How many margins are on a page_______.
Ans: Four ( top, bottom, right, left)
- ___________ is an embedded system.
Ans: Machine or appliance are controlled by a software system and Computer
- Text in a column is generally aligned as_______
- Why should we delete unknown Email attachments.
Ans: It might contain a virus that could hurt our computer
- Selecting the zoom command is _________.
Ans: Changes the magnification of the displayed document
- Where are program and data kept while the processor is using them is __________.
Ans: Main memory
- __________ type of software is most useful for the creation of brochures, posters, and newselecters.
Ans: Desktop Publishing software
- _________ is a program that makes the computer easier to use.
- Each _______ on a menu performs a specific action.
- _________ becomes different shapes depending on the task we are performing.
Ans: Mouse pointer
- __________ feature in Word automatically corrects certain spelling, typing, capitalization, or grammar errors.
Ans: Auto spell
- A business that has a contract with another company to have them host and run an application for our company over the internet. The company provides this service to our business is known as___________.
Ans: Application service provider
- _________allows us to assess our email from anywhere.
Ans: WebMail interface
- ___________would find on LinkedIn.
- The search companion can be________.
Ans: Located all files containing a specified face and restrict its search to a specified set of folders
- _________must must be contained in a URL.
Ans: The unique register domain name
- __________Information systems focuses on making the manufacturing process more efficient and high quality.
Ans: Computer aided manufacturing
- A mistake in an algorithm that causes incorrect result is known as__________.
Ans: Logical error
- The connection on the device for changing on a connector to a different configuration is________.
Ans: An adapter
- _______is known as the process of copying software programs from secondary storage media to the hardware disk.
- __________ is a special visual and audio effect applied on PowerPoint to text or content.
- We click at B to make__________ .
- grouping and processing all of a firm’s transactions at one time is known as_________.
Ans: A real – time system
- How many margins are on a page________.
Ans: Two (landscape and portrait)
- Small programs that act on data received by the users computer as part of a webpage are known as__________.
- In Excel a_________is identified by the cell in the upper left corner and the cell in the lower right corner separated by a colon.
- __________is a programming language for creating special programs like applets.
- ___________are large printers used to produce oversized pictures that required precise continuous line such as maps and architectural plans
- ____________is an acronym of RDBMS.
Ans: Relationship Database Management System
- How many types of headings are available in HTML__________ .
- ____________type of conversion needs sampling of a signal.
Ans: Analog – Digital
- ___________would not ordinarily be considered unstructured data.
- _______ is factors of words Program of title bar, ribbon, status bar, view and document workspace
- What happens when we press ctrl + v key__________.
Ans: The selected item is pasted from the clipboard
- _______view shows how the contents on printed page will appear with margin, header and footer.
Ans: Page layout
- Click________checkbox for transition in a slide group of an animation tab if we want to move a slide automatically after stipulated time.
Ans: Automatically after
- connection to the internet using a phone line and a modem are known as__________ connections.
Ans: Dial-up, Broadband
- Programming language has set aside for its own use are________ words.
Ans: Control structures
- =SUM(B1:B2) is an example of ________.
- A list of commands and options contains________ software.
Ans: Menu bar
- _________ is a storage area for an email messages.
Ans: A mailbox