Basic Computer Questions for Interview
- The legal right to use software based on a specific restriction is granted via________.
Ans: Software licence
- _________attachment of Email.
Ans: A separate document from another program sent along with an email message
- __________type of software that controls the internal operation in the computer and control how the computer works with all its parts.
Ans: Operating system software
- In multiple list the data changes and the lists are not updated due to the ________ causes.
Ans: Data redundancy
- The main folder on a storage device is known as________.
Ans: Root directory
- _________type of memory that holds only the program and data the CPU is presently processing.
- _________button that makes character either upper or lowercase and number to symbols.
Ans: Shift key
- _________is series of instructions that tells a computer what to do and how to do it.
- _________is known as card that the communication device allows the computer to access a network.
- Screen list of options in a program that tells you what is in that program is_______.
- __________must have to view information on the web.
Ans: Web browser
- _________is often referred to as a file.
- _________has to install to protect ourselves from computer hacker instruction.
- __________of computers are client computers client server system.
- When we boot up a PC__________will happens.
Ans: From disk into memory the portions of operation system are copied
- A button and menu contains_______bar that provide quick access to commonly used commands.
- Letters, numbers and symbols found on a keyboard are________.
- _________menu is selected to print.
- ________contains commands to be selected.
- The three basic categories of physical equipment that contains microcomputer hardware is_______.
Ans: Input / output device, System unit and Secondary storage
- ________is an example of Linux.
Ans: Open source software
- For performing numerical and statistical calculations ________ software applications would be the most appropriate
- To read or printed text to make a digital image that is stored in memory ________ are used.
- We can organize files by storing them in_________.
- ________predesigned document that already has coordinating fonts, layout and background.
- ________key are referred as capital letters on the keyboard.
Ans: Caps lock key
- _________device that make up a computer system that you can see or touch.
- A program when pushed________ key lets you to exit
Ans: Escape key
- ___________is the process of carrying out commands.
30.___________mis report as the desktop computers.
Ans: The visible screen
- ________is there default file extension for Word documents.
- _______is referred to as removing and replacing device without turning off a computer.
- _________is a specialised program that assists users in locating information on the web.
Ans: Search engines
- ________creates a compiling.
Ans: Executable program
- ________are inserted into expansion cards.
- _________is known as electronic circuit with transistors and other electronic components on a small silicon chip.
Ans: Integrated circuit
- _________is also known as junk email.
- ________manual tells you how to use a software program.
- _________is known as a collection of interrelated records.
- ________used as a file extension.
Ans: To identify file type
- When operating system is loaded in RAM_________will happens.
- We can see_______in page preview mode.
Ans: All the pages of our document
- When we start our computer Boot routine will perform___________.
Ans: Power on self test
- _______uses machine language.
Ans: Numerical code
- ________is the keyboard shortcut for new slide.
Ans: Ctrl + M
- Files deleted from hard disk are sent to_______.
Ans: Recycle bin
- The full form of CD-RW
Ans: Compact disc – Rewritable
- _________is known as vertical space between lines of the text in documents.
Ans: Line spacing
- ALU of CPU has_________.
- _______ a Gutter margin.
Ans: margin added to a binding slide of the page while printing.