Basic Computer Questions for Interview
- _______ is known as a website’s page.
Ans: Home page
- _______can be used to select the entire document.
- ________ view is the default view in Excel.
- In Excel Window __________ appears at the bottom.
Ans: Sheet tabs
- _________ is a collection of workbook
- When you enter text in a cell in Excel it also appear in _________
Ans: formula bar
- EPROM stands for
Ans: Erasable Programmable Read only Memory
- Files are are organised by storing them in_________
- In Word, the feature that automatically detects common error is known as_______
Ans: Auto correct
- ASCII is a coding system that provides________different characters.
- When the computer is switched on the boosting process performs__________
Ans: Power-On self- Test
- To store data and perform calculation computers use__________number system.
- To access properties of an object we use________ mouse technique.
Ans: Right clicking
- _________can be used to select the entire document.
- Reusable optical storage will typically have________acronym.
- ________communication is known as and online discussion group that allows direct live.
Ans: Chat group
- Help menu is available at______button.
Ans: Start button
- In __________ You can keep your personal files and folders.
Ans: My documents
- When the computer turns off the content of_________are lost.
- A DVD is an example of__________.
Ans: Optical disc
- Video processors consist of ________ and _______which stores and process images.
Ans: CPU and memory
- ________button we press, to reload Web page.
- The main circuit-board of the system unit is the_________
- _________implies a combination of audio, video, text, animation and graphics.
- _________does not move when you scroll through a document.
Ans: Insertion point
- _______is not a basic function of a computer.
Ans: Copy text
- _______menu enables the user to choose toolbars.
- In Excel pre-defined and built-in-formulas is known as________
- In keyboard shortcut to centre selected text in word is _________
- In technology that stores only the essential instructions on a microprocessor chip and enhance its speed is known as
- In order to create column data in word we need to use_________.
Ans: Set tabs or use the table menu
- _________is the part of the computer is directly involved in executing the instructions of a computer program.
- ________helps to protect floppy disk from data getting accidentally raised.
Ans: Write-protect notch
- ________is connected to a modem
Ans: A telephone line
- Where we put the disk in a computer ______.
Ans: In the disk drive
- _________we received newly email store.
- The computer processor is to convert data into _________.
- When we brows the world wide web, the browser is ________
Ans. Application program
- The simultaneous processing of two or more programs by multiprocessor is known as__________.
- _________is used to built permanent memory in your computer.
- The_______folder retains copies of messages that you have started but not yet ready to send.
- Software system is __________.
Ans: Help the computer manage internal resources.
- __________is the process of dividing the disk into tracks and sectors.
- Processing and grouping of a firm’s transactions at one time is known as_____
Ans: Batch processing
- A person who used his expertise to gain access to other people’s computers to get information illegally is a________.
- Codes consisting of line of varying widths or lengths that are computer readable is known as_________.
Ans: A magnetic tape
- _________does not store data permanently.
- You can show an entire page or multiple pages at the same time using_____options.
- _______is not a term pertaining to the internet.