The following are the features of Java.
- Java is a simple programming language rather than saying that this is a future of Java. When Java is developed they wanted to be simple because it has worked on an electronic device, where less memory is available.
- The difficult concept is eliminated in Java. In Java software people maintain the same Syntax of C and C ++ in Java, so that a programmer who knows C or C++ will find Java already familiar.
- Java is an object oriented programming language. This means Java programs use classes and objects
- An object is anything that really existing in the world can be distinguished from others. Every object contains properties (variables) and actions (methods)
- A class is a model for creating an object or collection of objects. Classes contains properties and methods.
- Information is distributed on various computers on a network. Using Java we can write a program which capture information and distribute to the clients.
- This is possible because Java can use to handle the protocol TCP (Transaction Control Protocol) and UDP (User Datagram Protocol,)
- Security problems like ever dropping, transferring, information and virus thread can be eliminated or minimized by using Java on the internet.
- Java bytecode is not machine dependent it can be run on any machine with any processor and operating system.
- If a program gives the same result on every machine, then the program is called portable.
- Java programs are portable this is the result of Java system independence nature
- Java programs are comparable to generate the byte code. This before can be downloaded and interpreted by an interpreter in Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Take any other languages only on interpreted as a compiler is used to execute the programs. But in Java we can use both interpreter and compiler.
- The problems with the interpreter inside JVM is that it is slow because of this Java program used to run slow
- To overcome this problem, along with interpreter lava software introduced JIT compiler (JUST IN TIME) which enhances the speed of executions.
- JVM both interpreter and JIT compiler together to run the program.
- A thread represents on individual process to execute a group of systems.
- JVM use thread to execute different blocks of code, creating multiple thread is called multithreaded.
- Java platform can be implemented on a range of computer with various levels of resources from embedded device to mainframe computers.
- This is possible because Java compact and platform independent.
- Before the development of the Java only static text used to display in the browser.
- But James Gosling demonstrated animated atomic molecule where the rays are moving and stretching.
- Robust means strong Java programs are strong and did not crash easy like C or C ++ programs